Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fashion Apps I love: Stylebook

My iPhone and iPad are full of fashion and home decor apps I love. I have apps for online shopping, color coordination, outfit creation... You name it!

Today I will talk about one of my favorite apps, Stylebook. Have you ever seen the movie Clueless with Alicia Silverstone? (90's kids will know what I'm talking about). Anyway, I love that movie, and  I remember I was very jealous of the computer program she had to put her outfits together, I sooo wanted that! But it was a very "futuristic" thought back in 1995... So you can imagine how happy I was when I discovered Stylebook.

 


This app is basically a virtual closet that helps you stay organized and create new looks with the clothes you already have. The first step is to upload pictures of all your clothes, accessories and shoes (it takes a while, but it's totally worth it). The app even gives you advice on how to take the pics and they end up looking very professional (it removes the background, so when you put the outfits together it kinda looks like a polyvore page).

  


After you've uploaded your clothes you can start creating looks, and you can even assign each look to a specific within the calendar. This is heaven for ocd people like me (hehe). I think it really helps you keep in mind the clothes you have and create new looks you wouldn't think of, it's really visual.

I travel a lot because of work, so I find the Travel option especially helpful. I like to only take carry-on luggage in my work trips, so it's essential for me to plan what I'm wearing each day so I can take only the clothes I will need.

Of course, it also has an Inspiration section, where I upload pictures of outfits I'd like to try. Overall, I think it's a great app for anyone into fashion and anyone who'd like to stay organized with their outfits. I highly recommend it!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment